Giving Back & Paying It Forward
Your Christian Law Firm, Dean Burnetti Law represents Injury Victims in Polk County, including: Lakeland, Auburndale, Bartow, Haines City, Lake Wales, Mulberry, Polk City, and Winter Haven; in Hillsborough County, including: Brandon, Tampa, and Plant City; in Pinellas County, including Clearwater, St. Pete, Gulfport, Treasure Island, Largo, Oldsmar; and all of the surrounding Greater Central Florida and West Central Florida Areas.
Proverbs 14:21 - “It is a sin to despise one’s neighbor, but blessed is the one who is kind to the needy.”
The Dean Burnetti Law Charitable Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, was founded in 2017 to help children and families in need. It is supported by the philanthropic efforts of the Dean Burnetti Family as well as the generosity of the Dean Burnetti Law Firm (Your Christian Law Firm) and its staff who not only raise money but also do not hesitate to roll up their sleeves and get involved in whatever community-driven project we seek to support.
Deuteronomy 15:8 - “...but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.”
- Supplying ancillary financial assistance to the families of hospitalized children;
- Providing financial assistance to families of terminally ill children in order to help with their burial and final resting expenses;
- Providing educational scholarships to deserving students; and
- Bringing financial assistance to disadvantaged people as their needs arise.
Matthew 25:35 - “For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in.”
- Raising more than $10,000 for the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital’s Bereavement Fund
- Raising money for One More Child
- Donating $2,500 to the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital’s Safe Kids Car Seat Program (which secured 125 infants’ and children’s car seats for needy families)
- Awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a pair of deserving college students
- Gathering over 400 new toys for the patients at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Collecting over 200 pounds of clothing for the homeless of Polk County
- Delivering more than 200 handmade cards to the veterans at the James A. Hailey Veteran’s Hospital in Tampa
Matthew 10:8 “...Freely you have received; freely give.”
The mere essence of The Dean Burnetti Law Charitable Foundation’s mission is captured perfectly in its slogan: “Giving People in Need a Hand Up since 2017.”
In one of Jesus’ last conversations with His Apostles, He wanted to display the extent of His love for them. So, he rose from the table at their Last Supper, removed His outer garment, wrapped a towel around His waist, poured water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet! (An astonishing act since, at the time, only slaves washed other people’s feet.) This act of servanthood was a symbol that pointed to Jesus’ sacrifice, passion, and humiliation on the cross. His request to His Apostles was, “If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet” (John 13:14). Equating this to modern times, Jesus was requesting them to “pay it forward.”
You don’t have to be a big corporation or registered charity to make a difference in the lives of others. In fact, many small acts make huge impacts on the lives they touch. Do you want to do as Jesus requested and Pay It Forward? It’s not difficult…
Watch for opportunities. You’ll find that each day, you encounter numerous opportunities to pay it forward. You need only be observant. Sometimes the opportunity may present to allow you to do a good deed for a friend or family member, and other times, you may be compelled to touch the life of a
Give without expecting anything in return. What you give is up to you. It may be money, it may be food, it may be physical assistance, or it may be a kind word or a smile. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Buy a hot slice of pizza or an ice cream cone for a homeless person. Your kindness may just feed their soul.
- When buying a cup of coffee or a fast food meal, discreetly pay for the person behind you. This often results in a chain reaction of good deeds that ripple out and touch more people than you ever imagined.
- The next time you drive through a toll collector’s booth, pay for the car behind you. Again, this kind act is known to have a ripple effect.
- When walking downtown, drop a few coins in some parking meters. The people who park will be uplifted when they realize what a stranger did for them.
- When passing a drink or candy vending machine, or a coin laundry, or visiting a token-themed family center, drop a few coins or tokens in some machines to uplift the next person who uses them.
- Donate your used magazines to a doctor’s office. You can even write a happy note in the front for the people who read it to see.
- Buy a hot cup of coffee or a cold can of soda for a homeless person. You may quench more than their thirst.
- Hold the door open for someone, and be sure to smile as they pass through. You never know who struggles with invisible medical conditions that make pulling a heavy door open difficult.
- Listen to someone’s story. Many people don’t have someone who listens to them, someone who cares about them. You could be that someone. You don’t even have to find a solution to all their problems, sometimes it simply takes someone who is willing to listen.
- Offer words of encouragement. They often mean more than you realize.
- Spend some time with the elderly. So many older people are lonely because no one has the time to visit them anymore. Your visit will surely brighten their day.
- Give a coupon to someone in the store who could use one. The savings they receive will make their heart smile.
- Mow the lawn for an elderly or disabled person. So many people are unable to keep up with their yard, and your good deed will surely be appreciated.
- Help someone load their bags into their car. If you see someone struggling with their bags from the grocery store, offer your assistance with a smile. You both will be feel better for you having done so.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line. If your shopping and the person behind you is buying only a couple of things, let them go first. The time you save them may make more of an impact than you ever realize.
- Donate blood or plasma, or register to be an organ donor. Your donation could literally save a life! What better way to pay it forward?
Call (863) 287-6388 (in Lakeland) or (813) 287-6388 (in Brandon) today to schedule a confidential consultation with an attorney at Your Christian Law Firm, Dean Burnetti Law.
Our Statement of Faith
We declare that Jesus Christ is the Lord of all. That the Holy Spirit abides in the midst of all within our halls. That the power of prayer is our shield and sword.
We declare that Christ is the cornerstone of this firm.
Lakeland: (863) 287-6388
Brandon: (813) 287-6388